Monday, December 04, 2006

Yay!

Hi!
So we had our Nuchal translucency scan today. We were a little nervous for it since its a test to see if the baby has any chromosomal abnormalities and what your risk category is for Downs and the Trimosy's based on your age, bloodwork and measurements they take during the scan. Josh remembered at the last minute that the Dr. told us if we bring a DVD they will record the ultrasound for us so he ran across the street and bought one. :) We got the whole thing recorded. I think I loaded it on you tube today so hope it will show tomorrow, I will have to check in the a.m. Steve said sometimes it takes a while. It was the most amazing thing to watch! They put it up on this flat screen so Josh and I could see everything. The baby is so freaking cute and she (we will call her she for now, I hate "it") was so active. She was flipping around and kept showing us her butt which was the cutest butt I have ever seen! She was making movements like she was drinking with her mouth and flailing her arms all around. Oh my gosh, words just cant describe it. She is still measuring about 3-4 days ahead so thats good. It was so strange to watch her move all around and not be able to feel it. I cant wait to feel her move. I knew I would love being pregnant but I never imagined this experience would be so amazing. I have watched the video two more times now and I think I could watch it everyday! All her measurements were great, her fat pad measured 1.2 and they like to see it less than 3.0 so thats great. She also has a good nasal bone. A large fat pad and no nasal bone are soft markers for Downs so we are good to go. Based on bloodword our odds of any chromosomal abnormalities are 1/3,680 for Downs and 1/10,000! Dr. said those are super good odds. It goes down to 1/5 so considering that, we are sooo happy. We go back on January 8th for the gender scan. I cant wait! We will know if she is a she, or a he! Either way, I dont think I could love he/she more! Josh is so cute. Its all he can talk about and you can tell in his face and voice he is so excited. He is going to be such a great daddy. I think when I go into labor he might be so spastic that he leaves without me and drives to the hospital but he will be so great! Anywho, I will check on the video in the a.m. and post it if it worked. If not, I may have to send my video to Steve to load. LOL! If it doesnt work I will post the one photo we have, its just hard to see and its not that great. The DVD is sooo much better. Ok, signing off for now. Love you all.

P.S. I passed my pharmacology final!!! Now 2 more to go and I am off for one month and then start my last semester of Nursing school and then I am DONE! Then I get to be a mommy. Ya know, what I have wanted to be since I was about 4! xxoo

0 comments:

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.