Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Crafty Crafterson

A couple weeks ago Sara and I went to a dress making class. I was sure I was going to royally mess up T's dress but I didnt! It turned out totally adorable and while its a little too big she will grow into it. Audrey's dress was adorable too. It was just Sara and I in the class. We had planned to get some wine after and have some girly talk but it took us just a smidge longer than we thought to make the dresses than we thought and the wine bar was closed. We still had a great time and got to chat a ton. We are taking a skirt making class next time and hoping since there are no round edges and button holes on the skirt we might be able to hit up the wine bar this time. We'll see.

This lady had extreme patience with me and the
sewing machine
The buttons and button holes
The dress!
T and A wearing their dresses at lunch


Sara and I modeling the finished product. Pardon me,
I think I had been awake for like 24 hours or something.

6 comments:

Mom/Grammie P said...

Good for you girls! Clap Clap Clap.. I am so impressed! I remember doing the exact same thing with my friend..except we already knew how to sew :) Now I want to see Tatum in all kinds of little sun dresses.... made for her by Mommy!
Goonie

Brooke said...

WOW!! Jaclyn I am super impressed!! Wish I could have joined you for the class, that would have been fun!! But since I couldn't be there, Ava said she would like you to make her one too please!!

Christa said...

They are adorable. What a cute idea you guys!

Kaisha said...

You guys are very crafty!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've come a long long way Jaclyn! I was skeptical when you told me about the class but I'm SOOO impressed and proud of you, the dress is darling! I'll give you my sewing machine if I can find it!
XXOO,
Mom

sara said...

ohh sounds like the pressure for more dresses is on from Goonie! it was really fun taking the class together and our skirts are pretty darn cute too! kelly is kind of a saint, huh?

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.