I always talk about storing things away in that little part of my heart. That part that stores the things that I never want to forget. I know though that some of those memories will fade, not because I want them to but because thats what happens. When you have years and years of little memories, you have to make room for new ones. It helps to write them down. This way I am guaranteed a reminder, if it happens that I move an old one over for a new one. Because, I just cant imagine if I forgot this little story.
Tatum, last night again, you didnt want to go to bed. This is one of my most favorite and least favorite things about you! I love that you can hang like a champ, but when I am tired and need to get some sleep, its hard when you refuse to go to bed. Last night I put you down and you were mad. We had rocked for a while and I wanted to go to bed. I figured you would eventually go to sleep. After a while, about 15 minutes I looked at you on the monitor and you were saying, "poo poo" "poo poo" I am convinced that you have now figured out that anything that involves poo poo gets you some pretty significant and fast attention. So, I go upstairs and you didnt have poo poo but you sure were excited to see me! You kept saying, mommy's bed. So, I gave in, like I always do because I secretly LOVE sleeping with you in my bed. We laid in bed for a while, you wanted to watch Barney and I told you this was mommy's time and we were watching Friends like I do every night before bed. Finally, I turned the TV off and said it was bed time. You kept talking and talking like you always do. I shooshed you a couple times, and you kept on. I kept hearing you say/sing something that sounded like this " eeeeeebeeeeee, eeeeeebeeeeee....washhhhh" I thought, what the heck is that? So, I turned over to see you making the motions with your hands to Itsy Bitsy Spider and then the motion of the part where you wash the spider out. My heart melted. I dont know if my heart can continue to grow so big with love for you T. I guess it is going to have to.
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Too afraid to forget
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Ohhhhhhh.... so sweet! She does have down the Itsey Bitsy Spider song that is for sure! hummmm sounds like she has your number too regarding getting to sleep in mommy and daddy's bed :) Good thing you have a king size bed... let's see 2 adults, 1 child , 3 dogs... and someday another baby! Could get a bit crowded!
XOXOXOX
Goonie
Once again you've put your heartfelt thoughts into words to save forever, and you do it so beautifully. You should print all of these and make a booklet for Tatum, and one for you to keep for yourself too. There's just nothing like sleeping with your baby!
XXOO,
Mom
Post a Comment