Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Overdue

This post is long overdue. I have been slacking big time on this blog. It seems things have been hectic and when I do have a minute to myself I would much prefer a nap over blogging. Call me crazy but now that I am a little less dependant on napping (sort of, not really) I thought I better update this blog with some photos because well, T is getting so big and changing literally everyday. Several weeks ago we went to California for a weekend. We hadn't been in forever it seemed so we decided to take a trip. Aunt Kim joined us on this trip so that was an added bonus, although you wont see her in any pics cause well, we didn't take many of us, just lots of T. It was a great time, T spent lots of time with her cousins and aunties and uncles. We got to have a nice adult dinner out while T went to the fair with Jenelle and Jared. Seems she had a blast and funny cause so did we! It is always so fun to go there, it is going to be a while before T is old enough to realize how amazing it is that her family, even extended family loves her so much. They absolutely adore her and its just so great. My heart smiles to see her interact with them all, she knows them all so well. I am sure having something to do with our monthly visits there while she was tiny. She travels like a champ and loves to be on the airplane. She can even pull her own suitcase now which is so great! Anyway, here are some pics from our trip. Oh, funny story...Jenelle aka Wilson took T to Build A Bear. It was T's first experience there and I guess she had a blast. She built a bear with just panties and a messenger bag. That's my girl! At the end when you check out, they give you a birth certificate of sorts. You get to pick a name for your bear and they write down its stats etc. The lady asked T what her bears name was going to be and T promptly and very sure of herself answered "MauiMay". You all know T has a very special bond with our dog Maui and is by far her most favorite of the 3 so it seemed appropriate for her to say that. However, T calls her Maui May and sort of runs it all together like it is just one name. So, the lady, without hesitation put the name down on the birth certificate as "mowmay". And so it stuck. The bear is now "Mowmay" and T is VERY attached to it. Sleeps with her every night and takes her most places. Who knew a tie-dyed bear with just panties and a purse could be so fantastic?

Cuddles with Uncle Greg
Her new Elmo slippers
Wreaking havoc on someone's ping pong game
Jumping with Jared
At the fair with Jared
She loved this ride!
Getting ready to go on the Ferris Wheel

The birth certificate
Mowmay in all her panty and paurse wearing glory
Jenelle and T with Mowmay
We got our toes done and this lady did T's. She wanted her photo taken.
Ummm, ok I said.

T just sort of chills while we get it done
While we waited for our ride we had a seat on this bench, then we got up
to see if our ride was close and when we turned around to go back this is what we
found. So, I made T stand there like I was photographing her but I wasnt. I was photographing
the crazy ladies that took our bench, even with all our stuff there. Maybe they thought if they faced the other direction it was ok?
T loves to pull her own bag... I love it too.
Shoveling in peanuts on the airplane
She got some wings from the flight attendant

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

T does love her Mowmay! I love how she thinks the name is perfectly logical. She's quite the jet-setter now and looks so adorable pulling her very own bag! This girl also knows the airport ropes!Our CA family IS a blast, she'll one day understand how blessed she is to have such a loving family, near and far. Glad you had a great time.
XXOO,
Grandma

Kaisha said...

Looks like fun! Love how she is nekki in several pics:)

Mom/Grammie P said...

She is one smart cookie. She knows and loves her Calif. family and can name them all. She is very aware... mommy and Tatum go on the air plane and daddy....wooks! :) Gamma doesn't go, Goonie doesn't go,Papa doesn't go... KIM goes! She tells me the story all the time and when I ask who they see there.... her answer is Kathy! Gotta love it!

Amanda Roe said...

Bench stealers are NOT COOL!

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.