Tuesday, September 01, 2009

3 + 1 = 4

You guessed it. The Locke family is expanding! We are absolutely thrilled to be 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I have already had lots of ultrasounds and Dr. visits. Due to my history with Tatum I am considered high risk. So, I have an OB as well as a perinatologist which is a high risk OB. They are co-managing my care and I adore both of them so I am glad I get to see both of them. Everything looks good so far. Sprout as we will call her/him for the next few months is growing and has a great heart rate of 175 beats per minute! Now for all of you that believe in wives tales, they say that high heart rates mean girl, but we will see. Lots of people think this baby is a boy, including Tatum but I still think it is a girl....most days and then some days I think it is a boy. Of course, we have the proverbial standard answer, that we want a healthy baby. So far, I am on aspirin 81mg until 12 weeks. Then at 12 weeks I will switch to full dose 325mg aspirin for the remainder of my pregnancy. Once we get closer to the end we will see what to do about the epidural situation as that was one of my main concerns this time, you know, getting to have one. In case you forgot, I had to deliver T with no epidural and no planning for a natural birth, just was told that it was not an option for me while I was walking the halls in active labor. While that was an amazing experience and all, I would dig on an epidural this time so we will see. Anyway, things seem going along just fine. I have been pretty sick, got some meds for that and pretty tired but hoping that subsides in the coming weeks. I definitely got a belly a little earlier this time but I am still able to button my jeans so we are good! I am hoping not to gain 65 pounds with this one! Please keep our family, myself and this baby in your nightly prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy. NO BLOOD CLOTS this time around. :) Below are a couple ultrasound pictures. The first is from 8 wks 2 days and the 2nd is from 10 wks 2 days.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the exciting news! Tatum is gonna be a big sister...and what a great one she'll be.

Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months!

Megan Escobedo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link and congratulations! That is exciting news :) Will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Danielle

Kaisha said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sending good vibes your way.

-Shawna

Kim said...

Oh boy, its official!! So excited for baby number 2 and can't wait to find out what your having! Couldn't be happier for you, friend. Love you guys! Xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm THRILLED that Tatum is going to have a baby brother or sister, my lap is definitely big enough for 2 grandbabies! I'm saying prayers for you, Jac. I hope you sail through this pregnancy with no problems, and I know beyond all doubt that God will give you a healthy precious baby. I simply cannot wait to cuddle this new little one! God Bless all four of you!
XXOO,
Mom/Grandma

Brooke said...

Yeah!!! I agree with Kim, now that it is on the blog it is official!!
I am always thinking about you, talk to you soon!!

Mikays Mommy said...

how excting, welcome to the big sistre club tatum! we are thinking about you guys, best of luck!

Rachel said...

A million Congratulations to you and your family!!!! I knew something was going on when you were facebooking about being sick and getting meds for nausea.... I am praying for you, and I hope this time around everything goes well!

Anonymous said...

Yay...so glad things went well at the doctors and you are able to announce it!! :) I am with Kim, can't wait to find out what you're having! I don't have a feeling yet, but I will let you know when I do. As I have said, I am so happy for you and my prayers will be with you and the little one throughout!

XOXO,
Stace

Christa said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Can't wait to meet you Sprout! Belly rubs to you and wishing a VERY happy/healthy pregnancy...

Mom/Grammie P said...

Hip Hip Hooray! So excited to welcome another grandbaby to the mix. Tatum will make an awesome big sister! So excited to find out boy or girl...but absolutely all that matters is a healthy happy little one! Can't wait!!!!
XOXOXOX
Goonie

Maria Sauerbrei said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you guys

Amanda Roe said...

Yayyyyy!! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! we are so happy for you guys and cannot wait to meet the newest member of the locke family! hopefully the pregnancy, issues & stuff will fly by and before we know it we'll just be in the hospital giving the lactation nurses a lesson and asking for syringes!

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.