Well, she is here! 3 weeks early but healthy and doing great. My water broke Sunday a.m. while I was asleep, called the Dr. and they told us to come in. We showered, got ready and dropped Tatum off at the Brown's. Once we got to the hospital, they checked to make sure it was actually my water that broke and even though the first test came back negative, I knew it was so I asked for another test and it was positive so it was time to have a baby! I got my epidural before I even had any contractions since I wasnt really in labor yet so I didnt really have any pain initially. It is SO different having a baby with an epidural! They continued to up my pitocin levels and around 9:30 pm they checked me and I was at a 10 and ready to deliver. I had gone from 4 cm to 10 cm so quickly at the end that I started feeling quite a bit of pain and got the shakes really bad. They couldnt up my epidural dose since it was almost time to push so I did have some pain but it was for a short time. Once the Dr. came in we got set up and in 2 sets of pushes and less than 5 minutes she was here. It was so easy! She is gorgeous and even though I had done it before, I still felt such a surge of raw emotion and love for this little girl. They let her spend quite a bit of time on my chest before they took her to be weighed etc since she was early, they wanted us to bond so that was awesome. I spent 2 nights in the hospital and we came home yesterday. She is an amazing baby. She sleeps most of the day, a decent amount at night, she nurses well, takes a pacifier and doesnt cry in the car. So far, she is the polar opposite of her sister however, they look like identical twins as brand new infants. Ellison is much smaller than T but they look so much alike. She had her first Dr. appt today. She has lost some weight, she only weighed in at 6lbs and 9 oz today so we go back for a weight check on Friday. She is nursing well now so we are hoping she doesnt continue to lose. Tatum is doing awesome. She is needing a little extra attention but loves Ellison and loves to help with her. Thankfully my cousins are here from california so she is getting lots of extra attention. My mom lives so close now so she has been here everyday too so it has been a big help. Anyway, the pics are in a post below, I couldnt figure out how to type once I loaded the pics so I left them in a separate post. I will post more in a couple days. Enjoy. Also, to those of you whom we have not returned phone calls etc, we didnt forget about you, even with the help things are some what hectic and we are still settling in. We will call everyone and will chat with everyone soon! xoxo.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
And the journey of life begins for Ellison Alexandra. She was welcomed into the world surrounded by love and family and I venture to say she will live her entire life surrounded by that same love and support. She does look JUST like her big sister except no dimple in the chin :-) Otherwise a carbon copy. It will be interesting to see her own unique personality develop but if that is anything like her big sister... we have all been blessed in more ways then we could have ever imagined.
Bounds of love to the Joshua Locke family... the Lord has blessed you indeed!
Kisses from Goonie (Gigi) and Papa
The difference between Ellison & Tatum's births is dramatic. I'm so glad you were able to have your epidural, thank God for no eye problems this time! Jaclyn, you were pretty darn amazing in that birthing room and you don't look like you just had a baby! Blessings to all of you.
XXOO,
Mom
Post a Comment