So, Josh and I were at lunch the other day and he randomly brought up that he really liked one of the other girl names that we liked and considered keeping in case we had another girl. This isnt the first time he brought this up and knowing my husband I knew something must be up. So, I said, Whats going on? He went on to explain that he is having a hard time with having the baby named Emily. As much as he loves the name and wants to honor his sister, the closer it gets to her being born the more sad it makes him to think about it. He says that he doesnt want to look at something that he loves so much and say her name and only be able to think about his sister. I told him I totally understand. I feel so bad for him. He is struggling at wanting to honor her but really doesnt feel comfortable using the name. He is not sure yet but we have started to explore the possibility of using another name and making sure the baby knows everything about her Aunt Emily and knows the reason she wasnt named after her if Josh does decide to not go with that name. She will also know everything about her Great Grandma as more than likely if we dont go with Emily we wont be using Margaret either. We are trying to find names we like together as I would never want him to feel sad when he looked at or talked about his little girl. Anywho, now that you know what's going on, here is where you all come into play. We would like a vote on a few names we like this far and we will include Emily for those of you who like that one the best. Just vote in the comment section. I am sure there will be more to come!
- Emily Margaret
- Tatum Layne
- Emerson Layne
These are just preliminary names as we are buying a name book today and going through it tonight. :)






14 comments:
Jaclyn:
I love Tatum... it's a great name and then I'd go Emerson. I liked your original name, but understand Josh's feelings.
Your belly is growing!!!!
Jaclyn:
I love the name Tatum, then I'd go Emerson. I undestand Josh's feelings regarding your original name.
Your belly is growing, you look so darn cute!! Can't wait to see what you do with the nursery!!
I really like Emerson, you could call her Emmie! Plus I really like Layne becasue my middle name is Lane! who knew nameing a baby could be so hard....
I really like Emerson, you could call her Emmie for short! Plus I really like Layne because my middle name is Lane! Who knew naming a baby could be hard...
Pretty sure that her name should just be whatever you and Josh like best BUT if you're making us vote...I still like Emily Margaret-What can I say? I was already calling my neice Emma Wemma!
What about naming her just "Emma"- not Emily? That way, you could keep the name you love, but it wouldn't be as sad for Josh since it's not his sister's official name...just a thought.
Personally, I've always liked the name "Kim"... :)
Love,
Aunt Kim
xoxox
Oh my gosh, when did your belly pop like that?? It's SO adorable!
Maybe you should make Kim & I happy and name her Kimberly Lynn. :) I'll love whatever you name her. Maybe after you see her on the 3-D ultrasound, you'll just KNOW what her name should be. How fun for you and Josh to decide together!
Love,
Mom/Grandma
1)Tatum
2)Emerson
3)Suri
I love Tatum Layne and Emerson Layne too! I ran it by my husband and he is not in favor of Emerson for a girl. That being said, I must add it doesn't matter to me what name you choose. Whatever you end up with will be a perfect fit and we will wonder how we ever thought of any other name for her.
Also need to add your tummy is a beautiful home for our precious baby girl.
Mom/Grammie P
Jaclyn, I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to read over your blog site and look at all the pictures and comments! It is awesome! I like the name Tatum. Tell your mommy that her most favorite niece-in-law named her precious daughter after her already so maybe you should name the baby after Tatum Joan!!! Just kidding. We didn't know what we were going to name Daniel until after he was born. He just looked like a Daniel. Oh, and by the way, Jeniece is a unique and very uncommon name (maybe there is a reason for that though).
Love, Jeniece
I agree with Kim...you and Josh need to pick whatever you love best! I do think that you have wanted to call your daughter Emma for so long that I like Emerson because you can still do that. Or Kim's idea is neat because you can name her Emma!! I do love Tatum too, so I will be happy to call my niece whatever you two decide.
Love,
Aunt Stacie
I 2nd Kim's vote.... whatever you & Josh decide will be perfect BUT, I LOVE the name Emma and it sounds great with Margaret PLUS (+) it touches so many of us on the family tree! "E-M" is an endearing old family name!
It's a vote for Emma Margaret.
Jenny & Stephen were down to Zach or Johnathan if it was a boy & Kelly Ann it it was a girl. ..... after she delivered HIM, they decided his birth name would be Johnathan but they would call him Johnny.(sometime you have a better feel when you see them too) Little Johnny couldn't be more suitable!
My 2nd vote: Emerson (Emmie for short like Sheila said)
PS - Luv your blog & your belly!
I still vote for Emma as well. But I would deff, go with the name emma not emily. I think that whatever you choose will be a wonderful name. It will just come to you. Think I wanted to name Jackson, Qunitin forever. And I just knew it didnt fit him.
Miss you lots
Rachel
I Love the name Tatum, I'm sure whatever you two decide it will be beautiful! ~CJ
i love the name Tatum! i think its really cute. i think my next choice would probably be emily margaret! good luck with everything and hope to see you soon :)
Love Jenelle
Post a Comment