I saw this poem on another blog and fell in love with it. I will upload photos tonight of Tatum's first Thanksgiving etc but I wanted to post this as it kind of helps to sum up what it feels like to be a mom. I have the most amazing little girl. I thank God every single night for her, she is amazing and every time she smiles, every time she laughs, every time she cries....every time she does anything my heart melts.
A miracle occurred when the infant was first laid in her arms.
She was transformed from a woman into a goddess known as "mother."
She thought she'd known the depths of love.
She though she'd seen the heights of success.
She thought she'd experienced that which is true joy.
But nothing compared to this.
All else faded when her baby drew its first breath,
and she became a co-creator with God.
-Kukana-
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
She who is a mother
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I can easily see why you fell in love with that poem. It is indeed a beautiful expression of what it feels like to become a mother. There are defining moments in each of our lives that shape and determine who and what we are or shall be. The gift of motherhood is one to be cherished as the greatest expression of selflessness.
Welcome to the club dear mother of Tatum Emily!
Love you,
Goonie
I can easily see why you fell in love with that poem. It is indeed a beautiful expression of what it feels like to become a mother. There are defining moments in each of our lives that shape and determine who and what we are or shall be. The gift of motherhood is one to be cherished as the greatest expression of selflessness.
Welcome to the club dear mother of Tatum Emily!
Love you,
Goonie
Oh Jac, how beautiful! Now you know, you finally know, and are experiencing what it's truly like to be a mother. It's like nothing else in the world and it will never, ever lessen or fade. You are truly blessed to have been given such a precious gift from God. I thank Him too.
XXOO
Mom
Post a Comment