Tuesday, September 02, 2008

So she IS normal

I get these email updates every week on Tatum's developement and where she should be. It is mostly info I already know since I majored in child development but it is still fun to read. Here is the one I got today.

Doing errands around town is harder than ever with a pint-size explorer in tow. Being strapped down in a car seat or stroller is the last place your toddler wants to be: Expect an earful — usually accompanied by an arched back and flailing arms and legs — when it's time to buckle up. This is partly because about 90 percent of all toddlers are walking by now which means they'd much rather be practicing their footwork than sitting still.

Ahhh, sigh of relief that she is in fact normal and she isnt the crazed drama queen I thought she was......when does the email explanation come out about all the other things she throws "Tater Tantrums" over? Tater Tantrums is a new phrase coined by Auntie Kim and I think it fits and is just fabulous.

I work tonight and tomorrow night but you can expect some pretty adorable pics and video of T on Thursday some time. I couldnt love her and all her crazed drama any more. What did we do before she came into our lives? Things must have been pretty dull.

7 comments:

Kim said...

That is too funny! Your email update was like exactly right on with the "flailing arms and legs when it's time to buckle up". That was SO her on Saturday- I think we definitely got more than an earful :)

Glad I could have coined a new phrase for you- it just slipped out of my mouth, but suited the moment perfectly!

Love you guys,
xoxo

Mom/Grammie P said...

Too funny! She absolutely has a mind of her own. I crack up when she does not want someone to "touch" her, she does not look at them she simply pushes their hand "away".
I love Kim's catch phrase!!!! :-)
XOXOX
Goonie

Christa said...

Tater tantrum...love it! Very cute!

I am dying for the new videos. I keep checking, hoping one will be of the girls and their rendez-vous at San Tan. Can you please email all those to me, BTW? That was adorable!

See you soon!

Jamie said...

Hi Jaclyn! :) This is Jamie (Cory's sister). I love your blog ~ just happened upon it). Would you mind e-mailing me?? I have a question. :) jmeturg@yahoo.com
Thanks!!
Jamie

Kaisha said...

Kayden is right there w/ Tatum on the tantrums when we put him in a confined position, he LOVES exploring everything and thinks we are horrible for locking him up. Fun times;-) But then they kiss or hug or smile and it is all worth the few tantrums they
throw;-)

the mama bird diaries said...

It is so hard to imagine how I filled my days before having kids.

And oh the tantrums!

Anonymous said...

The arched back and flailing arms and legs appear when she has to come in from outside too - I've never seen a kid who LOVES the outdoors so much. Pitch a tent in your back yard and she might 'sleep like a baby'! I love you Tater Bug, flailing arms and legs and all!
XXOO,
Grandma

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.