Saturday, May 15, 2010

BBQ


We had some friends over for a BBQ last night. Now that we all have 2 kids, it gets a little crazy when we are all together. It was The Brown's, Courtnee and her clan and Sara's friend Shannon and her clan who happens to live so close to us we could walk to each other's houses. She and I had good intentions of walking every morning while I was on maternity leave but that didn't happen so we settled for a bbq. We did walk once, and it was to get a bagel. Anyway, it was a great time, great food and of course great company. You really can't go wrong with Hot pepper chicken sandwiches, homemade fries and fresh raspberry margaritas! All the kids got plunked in the bath together before they went home. Its one of the nice things about getting together, the kids go home clean, that way, when you get home, you don't have to do anything but put them to bed. It's a nice little tradition that we started. Now I travel with PJ's. Anyway, Shannon has 2 boys so we plunked Trey in with the girlies. We figured they are all still little enough and then we we put him in, all 3 girls (Tatum, Lauren and Audrey) all looked at him like, ummm, excuse me but what is that thing you have there?  It was so funny, I thought Courtnee and I were going to pee our pants we were laughing so hard. Once everyone went home it was close to 10:00 and I was exhausted. Thankfully Miss Ellison slept for 5 hours straight for me.....she should have considering she fought going to sleep from 7:05 until 10:00 when she finally crashed. What can I say?  My kids hate to miss a party.

The boys
Some of the girls
Sara and Ellison
By the end of the night, we were all a little disheveled
And missing clothes....
Bath time


3 comments:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

Such good intentions they were to walk lol!!!

Mom/Grammie P said...

Looks like a BBQ was the right idea :-) I am sure you are in for lots and lots of BBQ's and summer fun with your adult friends and of course the band of little ones that come along too :-) Tub time is a great addition.. the kids are sooo tired when the day of play is done.. being able to plop them right in bed is a blessing..Good idea girls!
xoxoxoxo
Goonie

Anonymous said...

I think you're going to need a bigger bath tub! Poor Trey is a bit out numbered! Such cute pictures! A great idea to bathe them all at the end of the party! You're going to have many fun bbq & pool party times this summer.
XXOO,
Mom

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.