Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Last night

Last night you begged to sleep in our bed. You love sleeping in our bed and usually I let you but other times I make you sleep in your own bed. Last night I wanted you to sleep in your own bed because you talk in your sleep a lot and I was really tired and between getting up with your sister2-3 times a night and then you waking me up when I am actually sleeping it gets hard. I went to wash my face and when I came back in you were all cuddled up in my bed, even though I told you no, with your messy little piggy tails cause you didnt want to wash your hair in the bath and I didnt have the energy to make you, just looking at my with those big, beautiful brown eyes and told me "mom, I just want to cuddle with you for a little biddit and then I will go in my own bed, ok? Deal?"  How could I say no to that? So, after I read for a while I turned the light off and we cuddled. You scooted over so close and even though you are a big 3 year old you still fit perfectly, contouring the outline of my chest and legs intertwined. You turned your head and kissed my cheek and I told you that I loved you so much and I just laid there. Quietly listening to you breath in and out and then start the little twitches that told me you were falling asleep. And I thought about how much I love you, how absolutely unconditional my love for you is and how you are growing up so fast I can hardly even believe it. I thought about how in not too long you arent going to want to sleep in my bed any more. So, I let you stay. And then I fell asleep, holding my big girl and loving every minute of it.

4 comments:

Kim said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, and so sweet, Jac. Your big girl loves you unconditionally too.
XXOO,
Mom

Mom/Grammie P said...

Awwww... such a sweet story. It sounds exactly like her... and it sounds exactly like YOU! It is easy to see how much you love her... and as your mom says.. it is easy to see that she loves you back just as much. She will love reading this story.. no matter how "big" she gets. And you... well... you will cherish this memory no matter how "big" she gets... :-)
XOXOX
Goonie

Sara B. said...

love it ... sometimes it's easier for everybod to "give in" and we realize that we all get what we want!

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.