Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chicken

You have started reaching back and holding on to me when I try to put you down lately. You know that when I put you down, I usually walk away to do something or pay attention to your sister. Today when Shanny got to our house, you smiled so big at her. I know you love her but when I went to hand you over, you reached over and grabbed my shirt. It hurt my heart and made me smile at the same time. I know you are getting to that age where you dont like it when mommy leaves you, regardless of who it is with. Before I became a mommy I was always so afraid of my babies not having secure bonds with me, now I know you do. So did your sister and it makes all those nights of not-so-good sleep because you were cuddled next to me, all those times of stomping my feet when you guys would latch on cause nursing was so painful at first, all those times of nursing for hours on end during the fussy evening times and nursing you guys longer than most people thought I should SO worth it. I love the bond I have with both you girls, I wouldnt change it for the world....

4 comments:

Mom/Grammie P said...

Of course she knows her mommy! She lights up when she sees you enter the room. She is the typical middle child though... sister # 1 pretty much dominates the attention... at least first!
Both the little girlies love and want you "first" :-)
XOXOX
Goonie

Anonymous said...

Oh she knows her mommy, she smiles so big and gets so excited when she sees you! I know Tatum is very close to me but if she's not feeling well, or if something scares her, it's her Mommy she wants. You're doing a great job, Jaclyn - and it shows.
XXOO,
Mom

Sara B. said...

So obviously I hadn't read this when asking if E was the chicken! Cute! And if there were ever any doubt; rest assured, E is one mama's girl!

Malone Family said...

I love reading your blog. Especially posts like this that make me wanna cry. So sweet!

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.