Josh went on his annual fishing trip to Havasu last week. He goes with his friend Eric and I think this was their third year. It just happens to conveniently fall during spring break each year, something having to do with the moon or something like that. Eric’s girlfriend Vickie and I decided that the boys weren’t the only ones who could have some spring break fun so months and months ago we planned to take the kids to the beach for a couple days. So, she flew out here and on Wednesday night we headed west. We got to our hotel around 2:20 a.m. after some driving shenanigans that involved some gas, or lack there of, a casino and a mouse. Anyway, we took the girls to the zoo on Thursday which might have been bad judgment on my part. They were tired, and cranky and neither of them felt super with T’s cough and E’s ear infection but we muddled through and saw some animals before T started asking to go back to the hotel. We went back, took some naps and then headed to the beach to walk around and watch the sunset. The girls couldn’t have loved the ocean any more! it made us so excited to take them the next day when it would be sunny and that is exactly what we did! the weather was gorgeous and we went to Coronado island and had a picnic on the sand and we let the girls play for a few hours. After that, back again for naps and hung out at the hotel for the night. we got up the next am to a rainy and chilly day out and decided since Vickie was driving back to Arkansas with Eric we would leave Sat. instead of Sun to give her a break in the car. We grabbed some breakfast and headed out. the girls were amazing on the car drive home and given the circumstances with them being sick etc, they were great on the trip too! I am not sure if Vickie will ever travel with us again but we sure had a great time with her! I have not hung out with her much but feel like I have known her forever. Thanks V for coming with us and having so much patience with the kids!
On the drive over, Ellison snoozed off and on and got some seriously funky hair
She also kept eating her food like a dog.
Vickie had never had a churro, so we got some. She was less than impressed, nor was I. The girls
liked them though
Tatum and a camel.
Belles posing with an elephant statue
Tatum climbing the statue’s tusks
Trying (unsuccessfully) to get a photo with both of them looking
Did you know there was an animal named a dik dik? Neither did we but we sure thought it was funny.
This was supposed to be all of us but Ellison was completely melting down as was tatum so Vickie just took the
pic and we raced to the car.
I loved this surfboard, these pics are from our evening beach trip
She was eating sand….but look at those curls! The ocean air brought out her inner curly
These pics were taken during our day beach trip. I had messed with my camera settings and forgot to change them
back so these pics are WAY overexposed and I am too tired to fix them in photoshop tonight. Maybe tomorrow but
at least they are posted.
We stopped for some gelato, it was AH-MAZING
We also got Dairy Queen on the way home. Vickie said she’s never eaten so much ice cream. She’s obviously
never traveled with me. :)






5 comments:
OMG I love the shots of them on the beach at sunset and Ellison's suit the next day is so freaking cute!
Looks like you had a great trip...how fun (didn't look like the girls were cranky at all, at least in the pictures :))! The pictures are great of the girls and I still can't get over how big Ellison is now. Cute little outfits for the night beach outing, very Jac. Can't wait to see them again soon...hugs and kisses from me!
Hmmmm, pretty sure I've been trying to get you to eat gelato forever and you were not interested....delicious, huh? And way better for you than ice cream!
Great pics- my fav is the one of the 2 girlies with their backs to the camera looking out at the ocean- total framer!
And funny you mention the dik dik, cause we just went to the zoo and saw the same animal and died laughing! Even at 31, I find the name dik dik funny :)
Just so you know, I think you're very brave to drive to and from CA with a girlfriend & two little ones in car seats, I'm so impressed at the way you take everything in stride and just do it! Your photos are darling! The ones on the beach at sunset are my favorites too; the one of Ellison eating her eggies like a dog is so funny, she's a neverending comedy show! Love her chubby cheeks in the sleeping in her car seat one. Tatum is gorgeous no matter what she's doing, she's so photogenic. Glad you had a good time. She told me the ride in the car was l-o-n-g and the DVD player didn't work - in her very dramatic way, of course.:) She's SO you at that age!
XXOO,
Mom/Grandma
Looks like you had a great time.. sick little girls and all. I love the picture of the girls looking out at the water too. I'm with Kim.. totally need to frame that one.
XOXOX
Goonie
Post a Comment