Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lake Mead

We just got back from Lake Mead. I think this trip will more than likely go down as one of the most fun lake trips we have ever had. Tons of food, fun and so much laughter. We met the Schurkman clan down there, add in a friend or two or 4 for each of their kids, plus the Norman clan and between 13 people on the Schurkman boat, 2 on Josh's boat and the Norman's we were quite a spectacle. The days on the lake were gorgeous. It is usually super windy there but Saturday was absolutely beautiful. T had a great time. She did so great going without any nap the first day and barely a nap the second she was a trooper. She was up late both nights but hung out like a big girl. We ate at the buffet most of the time but Friday night we went to a nice steak dinner for Josh's 31st b-day. Happy birthday babe! Jaclyn (not me, another one) and her friends watch T in our hotel room while we ate and had some wine. It was great. Then we spent some time watching the entertainment. It was hysterical. It was singers and while they were quite talented vocally, it was hard to get past a guy with a sparkly silver jacket and a girl with blonde hair doing their rendition of the Black Eyed Peas "My Humps". I was dying laughing. Anywho, great trip and definitely goes down in history as so far, the best one yet. Cant wait for the next one.

Josh and Jake in his boat going fast
T leaned over and gave Sandy a big hug. We
didnt even tell her to. It was so dang cute
More hugs
T and I on the boat
Pete making T laugh. Yup, those are fries in his ears
T and her new stylin' backpack for the boat
Jared and Wilson ready to tube
The Locke's on Sandy point
Bailay (poopstick) was stung by a bee
Her snout was all swollen up like a balloon


T playing in the sand with her lake shoes on
Sand toys
Pete and T
T ran like a crazy person trailing this toilet paper
in our room. I let her cause I didnt have to buy it
this time.

On the carpet before we changed rooms cause I
just couldnt brave the "economy" room.
We moved to the towers.


Helping me pack before we left

She was so tired on the boat but refused to sleep
She thought she might miss something.
Her life vest/swim suit.
Josh in all his 31 year glory
Auntie Kathy and T on the boat

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a great time...glad it was a blast! Happy birthday Josh!! :) Tater was just adorable in her little swimsuit/life vest...I have never seen those before and so perfect for her! Love the purple myself, so good choice Jac. Tatum is definitely a trooper and it shows that she is right from her mom and dad...

I need to see you guys soon...I miss you!!

Stace

Mom/Grammie P said...

I couldn't wait to see the post. Knew it would be a fun trip. You were both looking so forward to it that I was sure you would have a blast... no matter what the weather. Happy Birthday to Josh... hope you liked the singing phone message :-) Have to agree with Stace about Tatum being a trooper... and where she gets it :)
Thanks to Kathy and family too.... as they always seem to show you guys a great time and wonderful family memories.
XOXOX
Goonie

Cory said...

Happy Happy Birthday Josh!!!!! I heard you guys would be away for it and glad to know you had a blast! Now we need to celebrate! Love Tatums little swimsuit life vest. Priceless. :)

Kaisha said...

Happy Birthday Josh!!! So glad you guys had fun!! Now we need to do dinner w/ for Christa & Josh's birthdays......we are way behind! What are you doing this weekend?
Friends-lake-something is missing here:-)

Christa said...

Happy belated BDay Josh! I have 31 year old friends? Yikes! That makes me feel old.....

Next summer we are def joining you on one of these lake adventures, they look way too fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy "Thirty Something" Joshua! Glad you could celebrate at your favorite place - a lake, ANY lake- because there are FISH in lakes! Tatum looks so darling in her swim suit, glad you had such a great time. I think the pic of Pete with the fries in his ears is priceless! Anything to entertain the Tater Tot! She slept very good for me on Monday!
XXOO,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

these pics are great! she looks like such a big girl w/ her little backpack! :) happy b'day to josh!

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.