You will have to excuse me for the lack of posts this last week. It was my first week at the hospital for all the orientation etc. It was a very busy week and while I took vacation from Medicis, it was still busy. I had a presentation due for school and was gone everyday from about 7 until 5 so my time playing on the computer was limited. I promise to post pics tonight so you can all get your Tater fix. I have to say though, being at the hospital has been an eye opening experience for me. Not only does it constantly remind you how thankful you should be to have a healthy child but I have realized my place. I have realized where I am supposed to be. It is a strange feeling, deep in the core of my heart. Something I have never felt before. I feel with 100% certainty I made the right decision. I know it is going to be hard for several week working both jobs and I know it is going to be hard to be away from T but I know it is temporary. For the first time ever I feel fulfilled with a job. Its funny and it might sound hokey but it is nice to know I have somewhere to channel all my compassion and love of babies and children. I am so excited for this and am enjoying it so much so far. There are 7 of us in the NICU program. All the girls are so nice and we have all become fast friends due to spending so much time together last week and this week. We will be working together for a long time so its nice that we all get along so well. Anywho, other than hospital stuff, same ol in the Locke house. T is doing great, funny as ever. She has quite the little attitude and we are working on that. :) Like I said, I will post some pics and video of her tonight after she goes to bed.
Just in case you were wondering what happens in a NICU if there is a fire. We swaddle them up and put them in an apron. I found this to be so darn funny.....yet so efficient at the same time.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Where have we been?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Too cute, what a great tech! How wonderful to have found your spot in the career world!
How exciting!! I am glad you are happy with your choice. I also love the baby apron!! Who would have thought!!! Well I expect you to be a little better at updating from now on ok
I am so happy for you Jaclyn RN! We all new you would be a great nurse, and I am thrilled that you feel so happy with your decision.
As a nurse, I could not help but to laugh so hard I almost had an accident in my pants when I saw the apron pictures. As a mother, let's just hope there is never a fire in the NICU.
Courtlyn
Jac~ I am so, so happy for you!!!! Glad you are feeling fulfilled and content with your new "place" in this world. Isn't it great to feel that you are exactly where you were meant to be? Good for you!!!! You are one of the hardest workers I know and I am so proud of you!
So glad you have found your niche. Everyone must find their passion in life and follow that dream... I am very glad you have found yours.... and have the opportunity to fulfill it :)
Goonie
PS LOVE the idea of the apron... someone sure was clever!
Someone should design one of those aprons with some cute fabric and sell them on eBay...great for parents of multiples!!
Jac it is sooo nice to hear you speak with such passion about what you are doing. It is those people that truly make differences in the lives of others. You are an amazing woman!!! Sounds like you are so incredibly busy but when you have time, lets get together!!!!
Oh Jac, I'm just so thrilled for you and so very proud of you! I truly believe the reason you feel so fulfilled and so passionate about what you're doing is because it's your calling, you've been called to do exactly what you're doing. You'll be an amazing NICU nurse, of course you will! The apron is darling, what a great idea.
XXOO,
Mom
Post a Comment