Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I love my Birdie Bird

Tatum somehow ended up with Birdie as a nickname in our house. I think it stemmed from us calling her T-bird and then morphed into birdie from there. We have a niece who also goes by Birdie but she lives in California so it shouldnt be too confusing. Although, we did see them a couple weeks ago and when I would call Tatum Birdie, Kenadie would answer. It was funny. Anyway, a lot of times when we are cuddling in bed in the a.m. after I get her up or when I get her up from a nap and we just sit quietly in her rocking chair, I whisper to her that I love, love, love my birdie. She apparently picked up on this and thinks that Birdie is a term of endearment, which I guess it kind of is. The other day we were playing blocks on the floor and I smiled at her cause she did something funny and she came over and hugged me so tight and said "ohhhh birdie, birdie mama" It was so dang adorable. This kid is so great, she lights up every room, makes friends everywhere she goes and her personality is bigger than life. I do love, love, love my birdie bird.




4 comments:

Brooke said...

awww, I love your birdie too!! Those pics are too cute, can't wait to see her again!!

Anonymous said...

She truly is such a special little girl, full of so much love and personality. I remember saying: "I can always get a smile out of Jac and it's impossible to be sad around her." The same holds true for your Birdie.
XXOO,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh No!! I forgot that Kenadie was also called Birdie.... Now we have 3 Birdies!! I call Colton "My Little Birdie" b/c anytime he sees a glass or anyone eating he follows you with his mouth open like a little baby bird! Birdie must be a term of endearment!!! Love you Tatum (Birdie) Girl... You are growing into such a beautiful girl!

Love,
Aunt Anissa

Mom/Grammie P said...

It is taken me a while to adjust to "anyone" being called "bird" or "birdie" except Kenadie. It was her nickname from day one and now at 8 years old... I honestly think she answers to Bird... or Birdie more then her actual name of Kenadie. It does absolutely mean "Love" in our household... and to our whole family. Tatum has had a multitude of nick names which is how our family roles so it will be interesting to see what sticks..... Just like "little man" for Colt.... I love that nicknames surface in our family like crazy.... it is just a part of us!
XOXOX
Goonie

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.