Thursday, December 03, 2009

It's about giving right?

Every year at Christmas I try to get one or two kiddos off the Christmas Angel tree at the mall. I have been giving it some thought this year and how to do it and have Tatum help me and sort of use it as a learning experience. Although she is only 2, she can totally start to understand the idea of giving and how good it feels to do it. But, this year we arent going to get kids off the Angel tree. Well, we might but I found a cause that I would like to donate to and I think you might want to as well. There is a little girl here in Chandler battling a brain tumor. She is only 5. I have followed her story for months now, pray for her every night and think about her and her family constantly. I dont know them, in fact, we have never met. With that said, I am a mom and that title alone unites you into a group that realizes you could never imagine such a diagnosis for your child. No parent should ever have to hear that kind of news. So, when I read her blog I usually cry, because how could you not? Her mom writes honestly and it is moving. They are strong and obviously so giving themselves. Her parents have started a toy drive called Kate's Krazy Kool Christmas for people to donate toys to other kids at Phoenix Children's hospital battling cancer and who might be confined to the hospital like Kate, through the holidays. They will need the donations by December 15th. You can check out more on their website for Kate here. Imagine as a child, spending Christmas in the hospital. Doing something to make that a little less painful and a little more bright? I think we can handle that.

3 comments:

Maria Sauerbrei said...

That's a great cause. I'm passing the information along to my mother-in-law as well. She always as a special place in her heart for kids battling cancer after having to go through it with Dave when he was a kid.

Christa said...

Love it, Jac. Thanks for posting about this! It is truly an awesome cause that so many parents can empathize with and just want to help in any way. Love your heart.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, I'll do my part with this one. What a sad, sad story. I too love your heart, Jac.
XXOO,
Mom

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.