Monday, August 04, 2008

Oh yeah, we've still got it...

So, I have been sick. It started out as a cold but it has since turned into a nice sinus/ear infection. I was pretty ill for a couple days. Friday afternoon I listened to a message from my cousin Kathy and it was all about how awesome their beachhouse was for the week. I called her back and told her she was mean to tell me that since she knew I couldnt come cause I had work on Friday and Monday. She was telling me that from the master bedroom you could see the ocean when you were laying in bed and that they watched a school of dolphins swim by just before I called her. I got off the phone with her and told Josh I wanted to go. I looked online and there was a flight leaving at 7:25. It was 5:00. So, I booked it, packed up Tatum and I and we went. We got back last night and while I was sick, I decided I could be sick at home or sick at the beach. Other than Tatum getting my cold while we were there we had a great time. Daddy stayed home and fished and did stuff around the house in preparation for a visit from Grandma Tish. I was so proud of myself with my impromptu trip......we still have the ability to make spur of the moment decisions and trips even with a 14 month old! Here are some pics from our trip. Tatum couldnt have loved the ocean more. She wanted to be in the water the whole time we were out there. If I tried to take her out of the water she would bat my hand away. It was too funny.

We took a bike ride and I had her first and then I realized
I wasnt as good on a bike as I thought so I made Greg ride her
with him. I was afraid I would crash.
She loves her slide in the house
( i have no way of knowing what
order blogger will upload my pics) :)

At dinner for Maggie's birthday
Making sure she had her sunscreen
She HATED her helmet. I mean, really hated it.
She liked the ride though, it put her to sleep
even with the helmet on.

In the water
Making some sand shapes with aunt Jeniece

Auntie Kathy and T at the beach
Strolling on a wall



I found it appropriate to have her pose by
a beach cruiser

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you did your spur of the moment trip, sometimes they're the very best. Love the new blue swimsuit! She's such a "water baby", it's not surprising she loved the beach. The photos of her asleep on the bike with her helmet on are priceless! I think she needs a pink bike! Glad you had a great time!
XXOO,
Grandma/Mom

Kim said...

Aw...the beach looks SO fun- I wish I could go!! Now I understand why you ditched me and Stacie :)

Mom/Grammie P said...

Everybody loves the beach! Who can blame you for wanting to cut and run when you get the chance. Too bad daddy couldn't make it too but I am super glad you had a great time. Love the photos and the helmet :-)
Goonie

Brooke said...

How fun!! Ava had her first beach experience last week too!! It wasn't the ocean, but what can ya do!! When are you going to take a spur of the moment trip up here???

Rachel said...

You are Amazing! I love that you can do a spur of the moment trip, sick and with a 14 month old in less than what two hours!! You are a true Jet Setter of a mother! I want to be you when I grow up! Looks like you had alot of fun. And what better place to be sick than the beach.

~Rach~

Kaisha said...

Umm, so that must be why you didn't return my calls and it went straight to voicemail! You are such a fun mommy! I love doing stuff like that and those kinds of things are what I remember most about my childhood;-) I have never seen a bike thing like that for a baby. Can Kayden and I go on your next spur of the moment trip so that he thinks his mommy is cool too??:-)

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.