It has been longer than I had hoped to post an update. Seems our days just get away from us. Lets see, what has happened since our last update? Well, we had to take E back in the ER a week ago Monday. She started pooping blood. It was just a little at first which would have been normal for a breastfed baby but then it started to be quite a bit and of course it was at night so I couldnt take her to see her Dr. Luckily since I work in the ER we always get right in and into a room. Thankfully because there was 21 kids just waiting to even be triaged by a nurse and seen by a Dr. when we got there! After numerous tests, turns out she has an allergy to cows milk protein. Again, normal for babes her age. I knew it would cause blood in the stool but I didnt know it would cause that much blood. I was glad we went though so we could rule out other stuff that was more serious. As a nurse, you just sometimes know too much and it causes a lot of unnecessary anxiety. Anyway, I had to eliminate ALL dairy from my diet. It hasnt been easy but hoping it makes the weight loss a little easier. So far it has been a little over a week and it hasnt been that hard, just lots of stuff that are staples that I cant eat...like pizza. Anyway, I can reintroduce dairy around 6 mos and she should be over it by then. We will have to see. E has started to be not quite as "easy" as she was. Around 3 weeks she got a little fussier and a little more of an attitude. Like, she wants to be held all the time, she wont sleep in her own bed, she must sleep with me and if it were up to her she would nurse 24 hours a day. We are working on all of that but it takes time. :) I make her go at least 2 hours between feedings and that seems to be going ok. Trying to push her to 3 hours is just hard. I think she is still a little small to wait that long to eat. I find it is easier to just do it every 2, then try to hold her off and listen to her scream cause that makes it hard on her and me. T is doing well, still working on getting her back to being potty trained again. She regressed quite a bit after Ellison came along. She is having some more tantrums etc but normal stuff for her age but she absolutely ADORES her little sister. Wants her to come everywhere with us, wants to sleep with her etc so that makes me happy. Other than that, things are good. We are just adjusting as a family, getting used to having an infant here. Its really been pretty easy to adjust to having 2, but as a whole you forget once you have a self sufficient 2 year old how needy an infant is. Anyway, here are a couple pics. We hadnt taken many cause we have been so busy so I am trying to make an effort to take more. :)






3 comments:
Darling pictures of "everyone"! It is still just amazing how much Ellison looks like her big sister:)
XOXOX
Goonie
You've had a bit of a rough start for sure and like you said, I hope you never have to visit the ER with either of your girls ever again! I love the way Ellison sucks in her bottom lip, LOVE it! Your girls are so beautiful, I can't wait to see if they continue to look so much alike. You look SO good, Jaclyn - Congratulations!!
XXOO,
Grandma/Mom
Yay for an update! I love the pic of E resting her head on her little arm- precious! Can't wait to see the Locke girls again soon :)
xoxoxo
Post a Comment