I feel as though these posts are so similar every time I write them. They might say essentially the same thing, but if I could marinate the words in the emotion I feel as I write them, you would see that while the words might be the same, the emotion is vastly different each time. Stronger, deeper, something inexplicable. Ellison, you are 3 months old today. When did that happen? When did another month go by? I feel like it was last week that I was writing your 2 month post. Dare I even jinx it by saying you are much easier now than you were at 8 weeks? I feel like each week and even each day you are getting a little easier. We are figuring you out. It is pretty easy. You arent super fussy any more. Usually if you are fussy, there is a reason. You want to eat, you want to sleep or you want to poop. Once we figure out which one it is, things are good. You have managed to have several evenings where you actually had dinner with us without crying....or nursing. You just hang out in the middle of the table in your bumbo. You are super smiley and you started talking with all your little coos and noises. They melt this mama's heart. Your dimple still makes me smile faster than anything and when you look at me your eyes pierce straight into my soul. There is something about you Ellison, I cant put it into words, I am not sure I will ever be able to put it into words. I never realized how amazing it is to love 2 babies the exact same, yet, so differently at the same time. My love grows for you every day, will it ever stop? I dont think so. My little heart will just keep swelling and swelling for every single day of your life you nuzzle just a little deeper, carving out your perfect little spot. You were meant for me Ellison, and I was meant for you. I love you my big 3 month old girl.
Monday, June 07, 2010
3 months
I feel as though these posts are so similar every time I write them. They might say essentially the same thing, but if I could marinate the words in the emotion I feel as I write them, you would see that while the words might be the same, the emotion is vastly different each time. Stronger, deeper, something inexplicable. Ellison, you are 3 months old today. When did that happen? When did another month go by? I feel like it was last week that I was writing your 2 month post. Dare I even jinx it by saying you are much easier now than you were at 8 weeks? I feel like each week and even each day you are getting a little easier. We are figuring you out. It is pretty easy. You arent super fussy any more. Usually if you are fussy, there is a reason. You want to eat, you want to sleep or you want to poop. Once we figure out which one it is, things are good. You have managed to have several evenings where you actually had dinner with us without crying....or nursing. You just hang out in the middle of the table in your bumbo. You are super smiley and you started talking with all your little coos and noises. They melt this mama's heart. Your dimple still makes me smile faster than anything and when you look at me your eyes pierce straight into my soul. There is something about you Ellison, I cant put it into words, I am not sure I will ever be able to put it into words. I never realized how amazing it is to love 2 babies the exact same, yet, so differently at the same time. My love grows for you every day, will it ever stop? I dont think so. My little heart will just keep swelling and swelling for every single day of your life you nuzzle just a little deeper, carving out your perfect little spot. You were meant for me Ellison, and I was meant for you. I love you my big 3 month old girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Ellison you are really developing a personality all your own. You are such a sweet little thing and you SMILE soooo BIG :-) I see a whole lot of your mommy in you little one.. at first I thought .. a carbon copy of your sister.. but now I think... I see Ellison..a perfect mix of mommy and daddy.. yup.. Ellison :-)
XOXOXO
Goonie
Ellison, you are simply YOU now. Your distinct little personality is coming out, we're all learning your likes and dislikes, I now know you like to stand up to poop! Your huge smiles, your coos, and that little dimple melt this Grandma's heart! You're such a beautiful, beautiful baby girl and we have so many stages to look forward to; just don't be in too big a hurry.
XXOO,
Grandma
XXOO,
Grandma
Post a Comment