Sunday, June 27, 2010

California round 2

The weekend after we went to California to visit my cousins we went back to California with the Brown Family. I was thinking it was a little crazy to be taking back to back trips but it worked out fine. I did all my laundry at Kathy's house so I just came home and stayed packed. Sara and I drove out to Oceanside with the 4 girls while Preston and Josh drove separate to bring Preston's bike so he could do some marketing while we were there. Everyone thought Sara and I were crazy and I think we thought we were crazy too but it went really good. The girls were all really good on the drive out there and the drive back. Ellison was a total rock star both ways. She kind of lost it with about 40 minutes left of our drive on the way home but she was done with the car, as were Sara and I so I couldnt really blame her. Considering her track record with car drives, she was amazing. The older girls did amazing as well. They were all SO good considering it was 24 hours a day of constant interaction. They of course had their little fights, meltdowns and lack of sharing but I think that is par for the course with 3 year olds and an 18 month old. We had such a great time. We went to the beach everyday that we were there. Cooked at home the whole time and even got to make fish tacos with the sea bass the boys caught on their fishing trip. I was afraid Tatum wouldnt eat the fish so we told her it was "Mermaid Chicken" and I am pretty sure she ate more than I did! Call it princess anything and she will eat it. Sara even got her to drink water when she was begging for juice by calling it Mermaid water. LOL. Now we do it all the time. The other night she had Cinderella steak for dinner. I hope she doesnt hate us when she is older. Anyway, the kids had a great time as did the adults. After the kids would go to bed we had lots of time to chat, play cards (Girls:2 Boys:0) and drink wine up on the roof in the cool California air. We are definitely going to have to make this something we do more often. Thanks Brown family for a great weekend, hope you had as much fun as we did!


The car packed to the top, big girls in back, little girls in middle and old girls in front.
T got her seat all wet and it was midnight so we made do with
what we had which was a diaper on the outside of her jammies to keep
her hiney dry from her seat.  Hey, we were tired.

I think part of why they like eachother so much is cause they have
this little "issue" in common
Breakfast
I had all 4 kids while Sara went grocery shopping. I am smart and turned
on the Sprout network.
E's beach tent. It was UV protected. She dug it.




This wagon was huge but it hauled all our stuff on our walk to the beach
The ocean was pretty cold so we only went in up to our knees.
Ready to fish


California requires pretty toes....so pretty toes we had!
Preston, Sara and the bike. Preston built this from wood by hand.
They are called Driftwood Cruisers. Check them out on Facebook.






What is cuter than baby feet? Sandy baby feet!

Father's Day


Stopping to stretch our legs and of course get a milkshake on the way home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you girls were CRAZY for even attempting this trip, I thought you might fly and let the boys drive the cars home. Kudos to you brave Mommys!! Love the cute pictures, it looks like everybody had a great time. I still think you & Sarah are very, very brave!
XXOO,
Mom

Kim said...

Looks like a super fun trip- I love that your hospital cup even made it with you to Cali :)

Mom/Grammie P said...

Good for you girls. I am proud of you and Sara.. knowing.. yes.. we might be "crazy" but we can "DO THIS" !!! That's what being mom's and having babies means... toughing it out to do what you want to do. The beach looks like a blast and I think it was a great way to celebrate Fathers Day. After all what does Josh love more then fishing besides his girlies??
When Papa and I asked T how she liked the beach.... she told us... the water kept chasing me!!! LOL
XOXOXO
Goonie

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.