Thursday, March 20, 2008

Heaven

I was on my way to work the other day and I heard a song that I have heard 100 times before. However, this time something it says spoke to me. I had never given it any thought before this, always just sang along for the sheer joy I get out of singing (even though I am not too good at it) rather than paying any attention to any meaning behind the words.

"I don't need no one to tell me about Heaven, I look at my daughter and I believe".

As I sang it I thought to myself, hmmm, that couldnt be more true. How does anything get any more perfect? Will anything ever make me as happy, as content as she does? Can anyone ever love you as unconditionally as my baby does? I know that I could never love anything as much as I love her, with the exception of another baby of course. I guess I still havent come to terms with this flood of emotion that continues to hit me from time to time since I have been blessed with the title 'mama'. I am guessing one day it will all make sense, one day I wont be absolutely dumbfounded by how much I love her, how I would do anything for her and how as long as she is safe, healthy and happy I am fully 100% content. One day I wont feel like I could cry thinking about how lucky I am to have her and how I cant wait to watch her grow up. All in due time I guess. In the mean time, I will continue to be overwhelmed and I suppose, continue on my quest to get this beautiful creature to learn how to sleep......all the while loving her to absolute pieces!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jac, I must say, you are an amazing writer!! You always express exactly what I am feeling about Danica though I could never say it as eloquently. Being a mother is definitely a blessing, as is the 4 of us having found each other through our angels. :) ...yeah, yeah...all you other people are rolling your eyes right now. ;P

Anonymous said...

Jac, you will FOREVER be dumbfounded over how much you love your daughter, it will never, ever change. Being a mother is all you've wanted to be since you were a little girl, your dream came true and I'm proud to say you're the most awesome mother I've ever seen. I love watching you with Tatum; your unconditional love for her is written all over your face and in everything you do. Thank you for letting me be a part of it all. I love you both, God Bless.
XXOO,
Mom
P.S. When DID you become such an eloquent writer?

Mom/Grammie P said...

Very well said Jaclyn. Something all of us as mothers think and feel. It is a reminder of the many wonders of God, the true miracle of birth, life, and unconditional unceasing love. It is written on your face, forever etched in each smile, laugh, sigh, and tear. You wear it well. I am very proud of the mother you are to Tatum and the example you set for her.
LY
Goonie

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.