Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lots o' stuff

I have to apologize for going almost a week without a post. I had to go out of town for work so that meant no posts and no pics of the toots cause I had the camera. I went to Washington DC last week for work and it was a good trip. I learned a lot at my conference and I am looking forward to putting my new knowledge to good use. It was also great cause Kathy and Jake met me there so I wouldnt get lonely. :) It stays light in DC until about 9:00 so even with the conference I was still able to meet up with them to do a little sightseeing and touristy things. We had a great time. We went to the Holocaust museum, the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and the Arlington cemetary. Here are some pics from the trip and just a few of the toots. Promise to take more this week.

If you look closely, she has macaroni in her hair
Ah yes, there it is.
A pretty butterfly at the exhibit in the museum
Another butterfly
Kathy and I with the butterflies
Changing of the guards at the tomb of the
unknown soldiers


The evolultion of man never ceases to amaze me.
This is how the skull evolved over time. If you click
on the picture you can read the caption.




A possom and a llama
Kathy with a light helmet
Both of us with light helmets
Cavemen doing a burial ceremony
Lunch with my friends


Yes everyone, Kathy in true tourist form
sported tennies and a fanny pack.
BIG, HUGE elephant
Did you know feces could be fossilized?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the food in Tatum's hair, she still has her 'funny hair' in these photos. Glad you had a good time in DC with Kathy & Jake. Tatum was very clingy with me - I think she missed you a whole lot - but I so loved all the cuddle time I got with her!
XXOO,
Grandma/Mom

Christa said...

I love pics of Tatum with food in hair. I feel that you need to start a scrapbook of just them...

What's more, I do love pictures of tourists with fanny packs. Awesome pic Kathy!

Glad you are back! See you both soon...

Rachel said...

Jac

I am soo sad I couldn't come down to see you! I have to say I love D.C.! But work comes first:( I looks like you have a wonderful time!

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.