This is true. There is never a dull moment in our house. After we got home from Dani's party, Tatum went down for a nap and I came up to update the blog. Kim called and said she was on her way so I went downstairs to unlock the door. I had a missed call from a number I didn't recognize so I checked my voicemail. It was a nurse from the Peds ER. She told me that they wanted us to come back as there was some discrepancy on the xray between the Dr. that we saw and the radiologist report. As I listened to the message I was instantly sick to my stomach. I called her back and she told me that the radiologist saw an area of "density" on her xray that the Dr. didn't see and we needed to come in for a CT scan. Wow. Ok, so I gathered my thoughts and Kim arrived about that time. I told her and she said she would come with me. Thank goodness. Last night was one thing, but to have them tell you to come back, that there was "something" on the xray was so scary. We went in, they got us back pretty quickly and the Dr. ordered a CT scan. Fairly quickly they called us back for the scan. Kim couldn't come with me, it was just one adult allowed. It was AWFUL. They had to put her on her back and totally strap her in with her arms above her head by her ears. She was absolutely screaming and crying....and so was I. Its horrible to see your baby that upset. I was holding her hand and rubbing her head but nothing made a difference. They kept telling me I needed to settle her down and I wanted to hit them. Finally I started singing to her and stroking her face around the velcro that was across her forehead to keep her head down and she calmed down enough for them to get the pics they needed. Then off for one more xray and back to the waiting room. We proceeded to sit in the waiting room for about 3 hours. We were there a total of 4 hours this time. It wasn't the Dr. or the nurses, it was the CT scan people. They took forever. My friend Christina was working tonight though and she helped to get things moving as much as she could. She gave me lots of updates as to what was going on so that was good too. Long story short...not really....she is fine. Perfectly, absolutely fine. The area of density they saw last night was not there today. Dr. said it could have been something on her clothes or just a weird shadow. I am so relieved. Its funny what you do when your baby is "maybe" sick. I was making all kinds of bargains with God. I didn't care if he gave me 100 areas of density(the "we don't want to scare you" word for tumor) as long as she was ok. I kept trying to be so strong but inside I was ready to fall apart. I told God that I couldn't live without her. That if anything happened to her I don't think I could go on and I have a lot to do here on this Earth and so does she so she needed to be ok. Wow, tonight really stunk but she is fine and I am soooo glad Kim was there. We managed to keep the mood light and laugh while we were there. After all that's what friends are for right? To help you through the tough times? Thanks Kim. It means the world to us. You are an amazing friend. I love you to pieces and so does Tatum.
In the waiting room
In the waiting room
Still waiting
Playing with a wall toy while waiting for theDr.
Christina trying to take her axillary temp.Tatum was not happy about it at all.
Baby Bella with the pulse oximeter on so Tatum
could see that Bella didnt cry with it on.
Kim and I waiting..keeping the mood light.
Graham crackers and still waiting....
Her ankle bracelet.
More mood lightening and waiting
My make shift hooter hider. Yep, its a wash cloth
After we FINALLY left to come home
This is random video of us waiting. We didn't have a whole lot to do.
The second video is after we found out that she was fine. Christina also
came in to discharge us and she didn't know she was on film. Thanks for
being such a good sport Christina. We love you!










7 comments:
Oh My Gosh!!! What a scare! It is amazing how you go day to day with your children...taking so much of life for granted...UNTIL they get hurt or become ill..... then suddenly time seems to STOP. Nothing else matters! You wonder how you could think of anything else... all the bargains made with God.. all the promises made to everyone and anyone... just please please make them be ok.
I wish I could say to you... this is the last time you will feel this way... I hope that to be the case.. but with children come bumps, bruises, nicks, cuts, and illness... and weird x-rays... thanks be to God that Tatum is a strong healthy happy little tike.. and a trooper!
Another interesting, although traumatic night in the life of Tatum. Thank goodness Kim was there to help ease you worry.
Kim is sure getting her dose of experience with children through you!
So thrilled everyone is good to go!
LY
Goonie
It's TERRIFYING when something might be wrong with your child. When I got that call I could hear the fear in your voice, even though you were trying to sound okay. Yes, thanks be to God that Tatum is okay. And thanks be to God that she has the awesome Mommy she does. Thanks, Kim, for being such a caring friend and Auntie. I love you guys.
XXOO,
Mom/Grandma/Lynn
What a night! I'm so glad my little Tater bug is OK. I knew she would be, but those 4 hours of waiting really freakin sucked! I was very impressed with both Locke girls last night- I know it was rough, but you both held up like champs. Hopefully this will be our last ER visit together :)
Love you guys,
xoxox
Pretty sure she needs another CT scan after eating that graham cracker.
So glad everything is okay, I have never gone through anything like that with Mia but I'm sure I would be a total mess if I did. Glad Kim was able to go with you, too :)
OH my gosh Jac! That is terible. How incredibly scary that must have been for all of you. I am SO SO SO glad that Tatum is okay.
That's so scary!! I am sooo glad that everything turned out okay and that Tatum is still just perfect.
So frightening! But so happy she is fine and it was just a creepy shadow or something. Glad Tater is a-ok!
Post a Comment