Fools being the operative word. :) This weekend we went camping in our trailer for the first time. We left in a huge hurry late, late Friday night. We had not outfitted the trailer with anything yet as I had not anticipated taking it out already. Josh really wanted to go so we loaded up and went. The drive while towing the trailer and the boat went really well. We got there and set up only to realize we forgot to put water in the trailer so even though we had a "house" I was still peeing in the woods. Our next big mistake was taking the dogs. You all know we LOVE our dogs but with the baby it was WAY too much. They kept her up in the night by making the slightest noise and were none too happy about being left in the trailer when we went to eat. Mistake number three, we forgot towels. When you leave in such a frenzy its easy to forget things and that we did! On Saturday night we showered and dried ourselves and Tatum off with a t-shirt. We left the generator on Friday night so we could run the fan since Josh and I cant sleep without it. He got up at 4 and went fishing and I was awaken at 6:15 by a knock at the door. I couldnt get the door unlocked so I opened the kitchen window to see a very irritated man telling me that you have to have your generator off from 10 pm until 6 am until June and then you can run it all night. I apologized and he told me that our generator kept him up all night. Um, sorry buddy, maybe you should get a trailer cause we didnt hear a thing. Darn tent campers. Just kidding. Anywho, turns out I was locked in the trailer. So, Josh had to come back and let me out. Yup, that was our trip. Needless to say it was a bit stressful but it was a good learning experience. Now we know what we need to take(water, towels), and what we need to leave home (dogs). We have quite the social calendar the next few weekends but in about 6 weeks we are going to give it another shot. Here are some pics from our trip.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Camping fools
Shortly after this photo she started violently
shaking her hands to get the dirt off. Such a girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















5 comments:
Wow, that sounds like quite the camping experience you had. I think I'll have to wait it out until you guys are a little more trailer savvy :)
Glad you had fun though. And by the way, I'm so with Tatum on wanting the mud off her hands- there's nothing wrong with being a girly-girl, Tot!
Well, that sounds like an interesting camping trip but at least you made it through one and I know you will be pros for the next. :) I am glad you enjoyed it though and Tatum definitely looked like she had fun in the water. I totally love her bright pink lake shoes...so cute!
Stacie
Way to funny! The Locke family on yet another camping experience! If I recall correctly... one of the first trips included bringing along "child's chairs" rather than "adult chair" for you and Josh! Let's hope each new experience brings with it as many fun memories! Tatum is going to look back one day and say.... geeee I have been going to lakes since I was a baby! :-)
Glad you guys had such fun!
Goonie
PS.. I love Tatum's "lake shoes"
It sounds like trailer camping is a learning experience! Um, how long were you locked in the trailer with 3 fairly large dogs and a baby?? You need to borrow Greg's "camping list" check sheet. Glad you managed to have fun in spite of the mishaps.
XXOO,
Mom/Grandma
I just tried to comment and I think it's lost in cyberspace?
That's a funny story and one you can tell Tatum when she's older. Looks like quite the setup in your trailor, you'll have to bring it up to Northern CA!
Post a Comment