Happy Mother's day to all the mommies who read our blog. I hope you all had wonderful days! I have given a lot of thought to today. We went camping (pics to follow later) this weekend and while the trip was a bit of a challenge we had fun and good times. Last night after we put Tatum to bed, Josh and I and made a campfire and sat around it talking for a good hour or so. It was so nice to be able to just sit and chat. We were talking about how it was Mother's day and I got to thinking. How do you even begin to celebrate a day that is essentially your step into this whole new world? While some might think Oh, it's Mother's Day I wanna be waited on hand and foot. I just wanted to spend it with Tatum. After all, she is the reason I am able to call myself a mommy. So we did a whole lot of nothing today. We napped together, played around the house together and cleaned up from camping together. Could I ask for a better day? Nope. I have been truly blessed not only to be a mom but to be HER mom. She is amazing. People ask me, "How is the baby?" I want to say "How much time do you have?" Instead I settle for wonderful or amazing all the while thinking that they have no idea just how wonderful or how amazing. My mom in Texas sent me these Mother's day poems that I loved reading. They are all so sweet and so true. But I cant help but think that I could write an entire book if I had the time on how much I love her, how I am amazed everyday at how smart she is, how adorable she is and how loving she is. I mean come on, she would share her banana with anyone including the waitress at the restaurant today. :) But for purposes of not boring everyone I will keep is simple. So Tatum, thanks baby for making me a mommy. Its the best gift anyone has ever given me and I continue to cherish it daily. Yes, for today is Mother's Day and I now know what it means so love more than you ever thought possible and never, as hard as I try ever be able to put it all into words. Maybe for her first birthday post I can get it all out there. Watch out for that one! :)
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day, friend. Sounds like your first Mother's Day was everything you were hoping for and more...I mean, how could spending a day with the Tater bug and her slobbery banana not be just awesome?? :)
Love you guys so much-
Happy Mother's Day!
xoxoxo
Happy "First" Mother's Day Jac! It sounds like you had a special day with Tatum and I am so glad to hear that. It is so neat to read all your entries about what Tater means to you and it makes me so excited to be a mommy someday. :) Tatum is very lucky to have you as her mom.
XOXO,
Stacie
I am so glad you're Mother's Day was wonderful. I was constantly reminded today that she is the gift, the prize, the treat so I know how you feel. Happy Mother's Day to you guys! Jaclyn, I hope you had a great day!
Most little girls play mommy and play house. You had "Christin" and you played almost nothing but mommy. We took her everywhere we went; some people thought she was a real baby in your real stroller-that thrilled you no end. You were a "mommy's helper" at a neighbor's home daycare when you were 10. So it's not surprising you love and cherish your REAL baby because a mommy is all you ever wanted to be. I love your words about Tatum-I could have written them about you. Happy Mother's Day.
XXOO,
Mom
It makes me smile to read about your love for your little girl. You truly are "happy" to be a mommy. To be able to laugh and enjoy and marvel at what your precious daughter brings into your life with each new day is a gift beyond measure. It is easy to see that she feels the same way about you! Just look at her smiling face, listen to her laugh, and watch her interact with everyone and anyone (including the doggies). She could not be happier or more content which speaks volumes to how she feels loved!
You are one lucky "mommy" and she is one lucky "daughter".
I am so glad "your day" was everything you wanted it to be.
LY
Goonie
Post a Comment