Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A glimpse into our night....

1:30 or so I hear Tatum on the monitor crying. She doesn’t seem to settle down on her own after several minutes which she usually does now. So I go in there to help her get back to sleep. I pick her up and nurse her for a while and then I realize she has poo poo in her panties. I can’t say I blame her. I wouldn’t wanna lie down and go to sleep with poo poo in my panties either. So, I successfully change her diaper while nursing her which I have to say I have gotten incredibly good at. She hates having her diaper changed in the middle of the night…HATES it. So, I started doing it while nursing her and while it took some time to get it, we do it with ease now. Anyway, then I pick her up and sit in the chair in her room with her. She sits up, plays with my necklace then lays her head back down. While I am rocking her, her head on my shoulder and her little belly rising and falling on mine I think to myself, when did you get so big? I am holding her, her head on my shoulder, her legs dangling over the chair and her arms curled under her and I realized I have a toddler. Not a baby but a toddler. She is walking and she is communicating like a big girl. I took a few moments before putting her down to take it all in. Breathe in the smell of her hair, tickle her back and just hold her while I could, knowing it wasn’t going to be long before she will be too big to sit and rock. Wow, who knew I could feel so much raw emotion and love for something at 2:10 a.m.? Turns out she ended up in our bed crawling around, kissing the dog and squealing with delight when the dog kissed her back. She got a hold of the TV remote and played with that a while talking to it as to tell it what she wanted it to do and then kissing the dog some more. This all went on for about an hour before I picked her up, put her in her own bed and fell fast asleep myself…..only to be woken up by her at 5:30 this morning. Tell me again when they start sleeping??

7 comments:

Christa said...

=(...sniff

it's all happening way too fast

Mom/Grammie P said...

What a sweet sweet story. Yes, every now and then you stop and take notice of how fast they are growing and changing and you realize how blessed you are to have the life you have. I can promise you this will not be the last time you "stop" and reflect on your wonderful life as a mom.
LY
Goonie

Kim said...

Sleep? Who needs sleep when you had a night like that with her? Sounds pretty awesome to me :)

Unknown said...

LOL...I feel for ya. I can't imagine still not getting a full night sleep...and working! Superwoman!!

Kaisha said...

That made me sad Jac!:(

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that in your crazy, hectic life you still take the time to smell her hair, feel her breathe against you, reflect on your perfect baby girl. As your mom, Jac, I'm in awe hearing you talk about your love for your daughter and motherhood. I'm not surprised, just in awe.
XXOO,
Mom

Mia said...

Changing her diaper while nursing? That's pretty amazing.

 
Designed By Birdie and Bella's mom Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.