So, once again I set foot into Michael's yesterday...I know better than to go in there. We have Tatum's boyfriend Elliott's birthday party today and we needed a big bag for the gift she picked out for him. She mentioned that she wanted it to be wrapped really cool cause its a family party but we were lucky enough to get invited. :) I walked around looking for a bag to fit this VERY awkwardly shaped thing we got him and couldnt find one so I was going to have to resort to wrapping it. Those of you who know me well know I cant wrap a present to save my life and its quite possible that most would think Tatum wrapped it herself. Also, those of you who know me know that the second I step one foot in the door at Michael's I immediately believe that I am quite possibly the most crafty person to ever walk the face of the earth. So, I usually end up spending way too much on some idea that I got while I was there that I a. never finish b. finish but it looks horrible c. finish but refuse to use it cause well, its just not practical but the idea was awesome! Anywho I am walking down the isle and I get this ingenious idea to have Tatum help me "make" wrapping paper. Awesome right??? We bought the paper and some stuff to put on it. Elliott's party is a bug theme cause his nickname is Buggy so we got some bugs, boy bugs and some girly bugs and well, you can see below the finished product. Cute idea but it might be the last time we do that. However, we are SO excited to go to the party!!! We have been talking for days about what she wants to wear.... I think we are going with a tank and capris but not sure the tank she picked still fits. Will keep you posted on that one.
Playing with the book and toy we got him..
before Maui chewed the book to bits.














6 comments:
OMG- I LOVE the rhinestone heart-so freakin cute! And just reiterates the fact that I NEED to have a girl. I mean seriously, can you picture me having a bug themed birthday party for my kid? Um, no. I want a pink rhinestone party dang it!!
:)
Great work Crafy!!! I told Kyle all about your expensive wrapping paper;-)
Keep talkin' like that Kim, and you're going to end up having twin boys who want a GI Joe themed party.
Great crafty-ness, Jaclyn. I'm sure everyone at the party will be super impressed by your wrapping. Btw, you can get huge bags at the party store or just use a trash bag and put a nice ribbon around it.
Actually, I think Tatum might be able to teach her Mommy a thing or two about wrapping. I'm impressed that you weren't wrapping in the car on the way to the party - as you've done in the past! I bet Elliott's party was really fun, he's so adorable too. Is he really your boyfriend, Tater? If so, he's one lucky little dude to have you for a girlfriend!
XXOO,
Grandma
OMG-- I completely agree with Kim... I LOVE the rhinestones! The wrap job looks fantastic and I absolutely LOVE the idea. Way to go to get Tatum involved in "crafts" at such an early age. Look out Martha Stewart... Tatum Locke is just getting warmed up!
XOXOX
Goonie
Crafty Crafterson reminds my of Fatty McFatterson and so therefore I am ROTFLMAO. Thanks.....
Post a Comment